Case Study: Curriculum Vitae
To be a professional lecturer in languages and literature
Name: Mona Hussein Sabir
Languages: English, Arabic
Marital Status: Married
King Abdul Aziz University – Masters Degree in Linguistics (European Languages Department, Arts & Humanities Faculty)
GPA: My GPA was 4.84 on a 5.00 scale.
King Abdul Aziz University – Bachelors Degree in English Language and Literature (European Languages Department, Arts & Humanities Faculty)
GPA: My GPA was 4.82 on a 5.00 scale.
Fall 2007- Present
Jeddah, King Abdul-Aziz University (KAU)
- Lecturer at the English Language Institute in KAU
- Part-time lecturer in Department of European Languages and Literature at KAU
- Heading the External Program of the Language Institute (ELI)
- General language courses (101/102/103/104)
- Introduction to Linguistics, Phonology, and Morphology
- Scheduling, preparing exams and handling students’ academic affairs
- I was responsible for higher studies affairs of the Language Institute
- I was a member of the ELI interviewing committee in 2007/2008
Jeddah, Professionals Institute.
- Preparing, editing, and revising supplemental material for classes and practical sessions.
- Grading and marking quizzes, and written assignments.
Jeddah, Jazerat Al-Uloom Private School
Position: English teacher
Teaching the first & second grade of the secondary stage, and second grade of intermediate stage
- Managed to cover the specified learning objectives within the time limit
- Succeeded to improve overall average students skills in both curricular
- Scored very well in terms of:
- Class management through strong interpersonal skills.
- Time management to achieve learning objectives.
Workshops and computer certificates
- Oxford University Press workshop on New Headway Plus tutorial (2010)
- McGraw-Hill workshop on Better Language Teaching Methods (2006)
- SPSS course (2006)
- Office Work course (1999)
Summary of Academic Achievements
- Presented an article “Developmental Diglossia: Diglossic Switching and the Equivalence Constraint” at Linguistics in the Gulf in Qatar 2007.
- Published the aforementioned paper in the journal of KAU, Art & Humanities, volume 16, number 2 (2008).
- Always being the top of the class in school and University; high grades in all subjects especially in English courses
- Awarded at Second grade of Secondary stage as one of the top ten excellent students in 1997 over Jeddah Region and graduated with an average of 98.3% out of 100% scale.
Reading informative materials, especially in the fields of linguistics and psychology.
Personal references are available upon request.